EVENT CANCELLED _COVID 19
MEMBERS - WELCOME TO ROUND 3 OF THE DRY SEASON SERIES
DUE to the Corona virus management requirements of Government special conditions apply to this meeting. These conditions are deemed to be a part of the final instructions. We want you to race - but please follow the below instructions:
Event warning to competitors
No one should attend any MA event if they have;
· left, or transited through mainland China, Iran, Italy and South Korea, in the last 14 days (they should isolate themselves for 14 days from departing these countries)
· been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last 14 days (they must isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case).
In addition, the Australian Government also considers Japan to be at high risk for COVID-19
If you are returning from these countries, you need to monitor your health for the next 14 days. If you believe that you are beginning to show symptoms of the virus, please contact your GP immediately. If you, or someone with whom you have had close contact with, has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please notify MA immediately and take all necessary medical advice.
In order to minimise any risk to our community the following is provided for your information.
The spread of coronavirus can be prevented by practicing good hand hygiene and sneeze/cough hygiene. It is the best defence against most viruses:
TQA will be ensuring the following precautions are made:
. wash hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
. Encourage social distancing (standing and pit areas 1.5m away from each other)
. Providing riders and officials briefings via PA system
. Communicating to participants at all levels that if they are unwell, they must stay away from venue
. The provision of hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities at events
. We will ensure toilets have hand wash and paper towels. We will place a bin near the door so people can use paper towels to open the door then dispose of
. Regular PA announcements throughout the duration of the event promoting all of the above
· cover coughs and sneezes, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· and if unwell, avoid contact with others (touching, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact).
Current symptoms of COVID-19 include, but are not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
If a develops mild symptoms, they should:
· Isolate themselves from others at home and use a separate bathroom if available:
· Put on a surgical mask and if they don't have one, practice good sneeze/cough hygiene:
· Practice good hand hygiene: and
· Call a doctor or hospital and tell them the recent travel or close contact history.
If they have serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing, call 000, ask for an ambulance and notify the officers of the recent travel or close contact history.
Further information can be found at;